Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found in Taste of Home and would like to know what the calories per serving are.
Make and share this Cranberry-Pear Pie recipe from Food.com.
- pastry dough, for single crust pie 9 inches
- 4 cups raw cranberries
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cranberry-apple juice
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 5 cups pears, peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons butter, cold
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Line 9 inch deep pie plate with pastry.
- Flute edges, set aside.
- In large sauce pan, combine fresh berries, sugar and juice. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce hear and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Transfer to large bowl, stir in dried cranberries and tapioca; gently stir in pears. Let stand for 15 minutes, pur into pastry shell.
- For Topping:.
- In food processor, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. Cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans and sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 400 degrees, for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees. Bake to 35 to 40 minutes longer, or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Cool on wire rack.