Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A mix of fresh and dried cranberries gives this special pie extra texture. This colorful dessert will brighten the table and is easy enough to prepare for a casual dinner with friends.
- 2 unbaked flaky pie crusts, 9-inch
- 3 large pears, peeled, cored & sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries (approx 5 oz) or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen cranberries (approx 5 oz)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (approx 3 oz)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 425°F .
- In medium bowl, mix together pears, fresh cranberries, sugar, dried cranberries, lemon zest and ginger.
- Place cranberry-pear mixture into pie shell. Cover fruit mixture with top crust, crimping edge to seal. Brush top of pie with milk. Using a small sharp knife, cut 4 steam vents in top crust.
- Bake pie for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350°F and bake about 45 minutes more, until crust is golden brown and fruit filling is bubbling. Let pie cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.