1/5 Photos of Cranberry Pear Crisp
1 hr 10 mins
This yummy fall recipe comes from the food section of the Oregonian newspaper. It is written for fresh or frozen cranberries, not dried. I have increased the amount of orange juice to 1/2 cup based on a review - I made the dish with the new, increased amount, and it was perfect. Because it's somewhat tart, I prefer serving with vanilla ice cream, but sweetened whipped cream is good, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh cranberries (this recipe is not for dried cranberries) or 2 cups frozen cranberries (this recipe is not for dried cranberries)
- 2 cups cored diced pears
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice (preferable fresh-squeezed, from orange used for peel)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice or 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal or 3/4 cup quick-cooking oatmeal, uncooked
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- whipping cream (optional)
- ice cream (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- 3Combine fresh or frozen cranberries, pears, sugar, orange juice, cinnamon, and allspice or mace; mix well. Spoon into prepared dish.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, and orange peel; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in oatmeal and nuts. Sprinkle mixture over fruit.
- 5Bake 50 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 6Let sit for a few minutes until the bubbling stops. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Pear Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.1
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 72.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 51.0 g
- Protein 4.5 g