Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A very pleasant breakfast treat, from Morning Glories by Donna Leahy. Simple, with lovely flavor. This fruit combination is quite nice, but other fruits you have on hand would work as well.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 -4 pears, peeled and cored
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries
- sugar, for dusting (optional)
- cinnamon, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375. Butter a 9 inch glass pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar till lightly colored.
- Whisk in the flour and half and half. Stir in the melted butter.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie plate.
- Arrange the pears in the batter (you can leave the pears in halves, but I cubed mine) and surround with cranberries.
- If desired, dust top with sugar and cinnamon (or whatever spices you like - I added in some allspice as well).
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or till the pears are tender and the custard is lightly browned.
- Cool slightly and serve.
- (The original recipe says this serves 6-8, but 3 of us polished it off at breakfast quite easily).
Very nice flavors. I made it as the recipe suggested with the pears and cranberry and optional sugar and cinnamon. Our house guests loved it. Thanks