1/1 Photo of Cranberry Pear Clafouti
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
A very pleasant breakfast treat, from Morning Glories by Donna Leahy. Simple, with lovely flavor. This fruit combination is quite nice, but other fruits you have on hand would work as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375. Butter a 9 inch glass pie plate.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar till lightly colored.
- 3Whisk in the flour and half and half. Stir in the melted butter.
- 4Pour the mixture into the prepared pie plate.
- 5Arrange the pears in the batter (you can leave the pears in halves, but I cubed mine) and surround with cranberries.
- 6If desired, dust top with sugar and cinnamon (or whatever spices you like - I added in some allspice as well).
- 7Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or till the pears are tender and the custard is lightly browned.
- 8Cool slightly and serve.
- 9(The original recipe says this serves 6-8, but 3 of us polished it off at breakfast quite easily).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Pear Clafouti
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.0
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 143.5 mg
- Sodium 114.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 29.6 g
- Protein 5.5 g