Recipe by figaro8895
Real Simple November 2001 Great on leftover turkey sandwiches.
Top Review by flower7
This was tasty and easy to make. Was great with the Thanksgiving turkey. One of the in-laws is a professional chef and he said this was very well balanced. The only thing I changed was lime juice to lemon juice as it was what I had on hand. Oh, and I used Asian pear. Thanks for the recipe!
- 4 cups fresh cranberries or 4 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, tightly packed
- 2 bosc pears (2 c) or 2 Asian pears, peeled and cut into small dice (2 c)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat the cranberries, brown sugar, and 2 cups of water over medium-high heat to boiling.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries start to pop and release juices, about 10 minutes.
- Add the pears, jalapeño, raisins, and lime juice and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days ahead.