Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Real Simple November 2001 Great on leftover turkey sandwiches.
- 4 cups fresh cranberries or 4 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, tightly packed
- 2 bosc pears (2 c) or 2 Asian pears, peeled and cut into small dice (2 c)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large saucepan, heat the cranberries, brown sugar, and 2 cups of water over medium-high heat to boiling.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries start to pop and release juices, about 10 minutes.
- Add the pears, jalapeño, raisins, and lime juice and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days ahead.
This was tasty and easy to make. Was great with the Thanksgiving turkey. One of the in-laws is a professional chef and he said this was very well balanced. The only thing I changed was lime juice to lemon juice as it was what I had on hand. Oh, and I used Asian pear. Thanks for the recipe!