Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Our family gets together at the holidays and everyone brings something. This salad was one of those great dishes that everyone had to have the recipe for.
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml finely chopped onions
- 2.46 ml salt
- 158.51 ml vegetable oil
- 3.30 ml poppy seed
- 59.14 ml cashews
- 2365.9 ml romaine lettuce
- 236.59 ml shredded swiss cheese
- 1 medium apple, cubed
- 1 medium pear, cubed
- 59.14 ml dried cranberries
- Shake dressing ingredients in a jar.
- Toss salad ingredients with dressing.
Very good salad. I used cheddar (to give it more zip than the swiss) which was quite tasty. I used apple cider vinegar with a touch of balsamic which was great in the dressing too! Thanks for a yummy side dish this evening.