Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an incredible tasting jam! I only use fresh cranberries so I make it during the November/December months. Great gift idea - people just love this jam and it turns out a brilliant red color. Use this jam on toast, with cheese and crackers, or on a turkey sandwich. Enjoy!
- 1419.54 ml fresh cranberries (24 oz)
- 236.59 ml pomegranate juice
- 709.77 ml bartlett pears
- 29.58 ml lemon rind
- 59.16 ml lemon juice
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 14.78 ml pectin
- Core, peel, and chop pears into medium size pieces.
- Heat the cranberries, pears and pomegranate juice in a large pot over medium/high heat to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. The cranberries will begin to pop and mixture will begin to get thick.
- Puree mixture right in pot with electric soup mixer or remove mixture from pot and blend in blender. Since this is a jam it shouldn't be too chunky. I like my jams smooth.
- Combine sugar and pectin in a bowl. Add sugar/pectin mixture to the pot and then add the lemon juice and rind.
- Simmer another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour mixture into clean jars and wipe the rims clean. Attached the lids and submerge in a hot water bath (200 degrees or boiling) for ten minutes. Once removed from water lids will pop and that is how you know they are sealed.
- Let cool on kitchen counter. Makes just about 7 half pint 8 oz. jars.
- Follow recipe instructions and Instead of pomegranate juice, add 1 cup orange juice and instead of lemon juice and rind, add 2 tablespoons of orange rind. This is good with a dash of cinnamon too! A dash is about 1/2 teaspoon or a little more.