Recipe by Mirj
Very flavorful and low fat.
Top Review by spatchcock
I got this recipe from Cooking Light last year and made it for Thanksgiving. Looked for it this year, finally found it here. This is an excellent and fresh-tasting take on the old-fashioned cranberry sauce. This would be excellent at other times of the year besides the holidays as well. Thanks for posting!
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 cups finely chopped, peeled Anjou pears (, , about 3 pears)
- 1 1⁄3 cups orange juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups dried cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dried currants or 3 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom