Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Great simple alternative to regular cranberry sauce. Best when made in advance so bourbon can blend in well.
- 1 (16 ounce) can peaches, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1⁄2 cups maple syrup
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries (or 1 can whole cranberry sauce)
- 1 (2 fluid ounce) bottle Jack Daniels Whiskey (or other bourbon)
- Blend peaches until coarse.
- Place in saucepan.
- Add in sugar, syrup, allspice and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add cranberries and cook until berries pop.
- Return mixture to blender and pulse until mixture reaches relish consistency.
- Stir in Jack Daniels and refrigerate until completely cooled.
- (Can be made up to 3 days in advance).
Another approach is to start making sauce with fresh cranberries and add slices of apple while cooking.