Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Southern Living.
Top Review by NavyWife'nMom
This is such a great idea, but the cake mix just makes it too sweet. My husband turned down seconds, which is a rare thing for him. I love the idea of combining these flavors, but wonder if it could be done with a "from scratch" cake to decrease the sweetness.
- 1 (21 ounce) can peach pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix, without pudding
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the pie filling and cranberry sauce; transfer to a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the cake mix and spices; cut in the butter using a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly; stir in pecans.
- Sprinkle mixture over fruit.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream.