Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I've added my own little twist to this recipe, which was found online at tasteofhome.com.
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex Cereal
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups pistachios
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the 6 cups of Chex & the pistachios, then set this mixture aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the syrup, butter, brown sugar, salt & nutmeg, then microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute. Stir until blended.
- Pour the syrup mixture over the cereal mixture, tossing to coat, then microwave on high for 5 or 6 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring after each minute.
- Stir in the cranberries, then spread onto a sheet of waxed paper to cool, before storing in an airtight container.