Recipe by Richie La Monica
This is a great fall recipe and you can use either fresh or frozen cranberries. Fresh cranberries can be frozen for up to one year in an airtight freezer bag.
Top Review by shellbee
This was excellent for my morning breakfast...now that Sept. has arrived. I made this with a touch of nutmeg and might use a little vanilla next time...the tart berries with the maple syrup was a nice change!! Many thanks for a new breakfast item which I am sure could easily be frozen and reheated very easily!!
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sugar (for cranberries)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cranberries or 1⁄2 cup frozen cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat milk, melted butter, and egg together in a bowl.
- Mix flour, baking powder, 2 tbls sugar, and salt together in a separate bowl and add them to the wet ingredients mixing just enough to wet the flour.
- Cut cranberries in half, place in microwave safe bowl and sprinkle in the 1 tsp of sugar. Microwave on high and stir every 15 seconds till cranberries start to bubble. Let cool and add to pancake mixture.
- Preheat griddle with a pat of butter on each side till water droplets dance on the surface.
- Put 1/4 cup of cranberry batter on griddle and cook till surface bubbles and edges get crusty. Flip and cook on other side.