Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
DH found this "gem" of a recipe in one of our local supermarket flyers. Tried and tested and flop proof. I used fresh cranberries, but frozen will be just as good. The batter is extremely stiff, but don't let put you off to the "heaviness" of the outcome... it is light and packed with goodness!!
- Grease an 8x4inch (1.5L) loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Combine flour, cranberries, sugar, walnuts, baking poser and salt,
- In another bowl, beat egg, orange zest, orange juice and mayonnaise until smoothe.
- Stir into flour mixture just until moistened (batter will be stiff).
- Spoon into pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 - 70 minutes.
- Loaf is done when toothpick inserted in centre comes our clean.
- Cool on rack.