Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a slightly different dressing - I like it with Cornish hens too. You may also bake it separately from the turkey 350F for apprx 45 minutes -. If you like a moister dressing add more chicken broth
- 4 slices bacon, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces,sauted until crisp
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, mimced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups coarse breadcrumbs
- 1 cup raw cranberries, coarsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- salt & pepper
- Remove bacon, leave dripping in the pan.
- Add butter to the pan.
- Add garlic, onion,& celery, saute until translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well Cool completely before stuffing the turkey.