Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Colourful dessert for the Holidays with a tasty flavour of cranberry and orange. Hint: I use green plastic leaves off of a Christmas garland with the fresh cranberries to decorate the top.
- 1 (85 g) package cranberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 300 g angel food cake, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 1 (30 g) packagejell-o light vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (1 liter) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- 1 orange zest, from
- fresh cranberries (to garnish)
- Dissolve jelly powder in boiling water.
- Drain oranges, reserving liquid; add cold water to measure 1 cup; stir into jelly.
- Place cake cubes into glass trifle bowl; pour jelly over and toss gentle until absorbed.
- Pour milk into mixing bowl; add pudding mix and beat for 1 minute.
- Fold in 2 cups of cool whip, orange sections and rind; spread over jelly.
- Garnish with remaining topping and cranberries; chill.