Recipe by Manda
A very light, easy, and refreshing dessert that makes a wonderful presentation (doesn't last long, though!) I have made it several times for Thanksgiving, and for summer picnics. The contrasting flavors and textures make this a very unique and tasty dessert. Prep. time includes refrigeration time.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 -2 package cranberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) loaf Entenmann's all-butter pound cake or 1 (12 ounce) package angel food cake, cubed (if you want to make it lower fat)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, stir boiling water into gelatin until completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold water.
- Pour into 13x9 inch pan and refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Cut gelatin into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Pour milk into large bowl and add pudding mixes and cinnamon.
- Beat with wire whisk or mixer 1 minute.
- Let stand 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Gently stir in 2 cup of the whipped topping until smooth.
- Reserve 1 cup of the gelatin cubes; set aside.
- Layer half of the remaining gelatin cubes and half of cake cubes, oranges, and pudding in 3 quart serving bowl.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with reserved gelatin cubes.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Garnish with remaining whipped topping.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.