Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
You can bake this in your turkey but why dry out your bird??
- 3 cups fresh cranberries or 3 cups frozen cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) package herb-seasoned stuffing cubes (8 1/4 cups)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 6 celery ribs, sliced 1/2-inch
- 2 medium onions, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen cranberry-orange sauce
- Stir together cranberries, sugar and 1 1/2 cups orange juice in 3-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until cranberries pop and sugar dissolves about 9 to 11 minutes; cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all remaining stuffing ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir in cranberry mixture.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- To bake stuffing in casserole, place stuffing mixture into greased 3-quart casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 60 to 70 minutes or until celery is tender.
- Meanwhile, combine all sauce ingredients in 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until melted (5 to 6 minutes).
- Pour into blender in small batches and puree.
- Serve sauce with turkey.