1/1 Photo of Cranberry Orange Streusel Bars
1 hr 20 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries (not frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (cut into small pieces and softened)
- 1 orange (navel)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1Let cranberries stand at room temp 1 hour.
- 2Place 1 rack in middle of oven and preheat to 350.
- 3Line 9x13 baking pan with foil, leaving overhand on all sides and generously grease foil.
- 4Combine flour, oats, sugar, nutmeg, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- 5Work butter in with your fingers until creamy. Reserve 1 cup.
- 6Press into prepared pan. Bake until light golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- 7Grate 1 teaspoon orange peal and squeeze 1/3 cup juice from orange. In medium bowl, whisk with milk, egg yolks, vanilla until well combined.
- 8Sprinkle cranberries evenly over the hot crust. Pour mixture over berries. Use spatula to gently distribute evenly. Bake 7 minutes or until orange mixture just begins to form a skin around the edges.
- 9Remove pan from oven and sprinkle evenly with reserved topping, then almonds. Bake 30 minutes or until filling bubbles and topping is golden brown.
- 10Cool in pan on wire rack 1 hour.
- 11Carefully lift out of pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- 12Remove foil and cut into 24 bars.
- 13Serve or store in airtight container up to 3 days or freezer up to 3 months.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Orange Streusel Bars
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.0
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 31.1 mg
- Sodium 89.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g