Recipe by rochsann
Adapted from "The New England Table" by Lora Brody by way of The Denver Post, it is what I plan to serve on the mornings of Thanksgiving and Christmas. Garnish could be a fresh mint sprig or a slice of orange and a few cranberries on a small skewer. Cooking time tries to reflect time needed to freeze the ice-cubes.
- 1 cup pulp-free commercially-prepared orange juice
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 4 cups orange juice, divided
- 4 cups cranberry juice, divided
- 2 cups sparkling water, divided (cranberry-flavored, if possible)
Directions See How It's Made
- For ice-cubes:.
- Pour orange juice into an ice-cube tray.
- Pour cranberry juice into a second ice-cube tray.
- Freeze until solid.
- For spritzers:.
- Pour 1/2 cup orange juice into each of eight 12-ounce glasses.
- Add 1/2 cup cranberry juice to each glass.
- Add 1/4 cup sparkling water to each glass.
- Add cranberry and orange ice cubes to each; add garnish, and serve immediately.