Recipe by MARIA MAC *
I haven't tried these scones yet but they sound so yummy.
Top Review by mliss29
Really good! I followed directions except to just pat the dough out on the greased pan and cut it there. I did have to bake them longer that way. But the results are delicious! Thanks! Reviewed for Comfort Cafe.
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 orange spice tea bags or 3 earl grey tea bags
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a 1- to 2-quart pan over low heat, heat milk until small bubbles form around the edge. Do not boil. Remove from heat. Add tea bags and cranberries, submerging them as much as possible. Let sit until cool to the touch. Squeeze liquid from bags into milk. Discard bags.
- In a medium bowl, stir butter and sugar until blended. Mix in eggs. Add baking powder and 1 3/4 cups flour; stir until incorporated. Stir in cranberry mixture until blended.
- Place dough on a lightly floured board and sprinkle top lightly with flour. Pat into a 1-inch-thick round. Cut into 8 wedges, dipping the knife in flour between each cut. Place wedges on a buttered or oiled baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched. Serve warm.