Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Garnish with candied citrus peel.
Make and share this Cranberry-Orange Sorbet recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries (or frozen)
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon Grand Marnier or 1 -2 teaspoon Cointreau liqueur
- Heat the cranberries, water, sugar, and zest in a saucepan until the liquid begins to boil; boil 1 minute, then remove from heat; cover and let stand 30 minutes.
- Pass the cranberries and their liquid through a food mill fitted with a fine disk or puree in a blender or food processor and then press the puree through a sieve to remove any large bits of cranberry skin.
- Stir in the orange juice and liqueur.
- Chill mixture thoroughly (preferably overnight), then freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions.