Recipe by Chef Lanfear
This is an excellant snack mix for the holidays. We cook up several batches of this every year, package it up, and deliver it to friends and family. It's always a great hit. When cooking more than 2 batches at once I increase the bake time to 60 minutes to compensate for the loss of heat from opening the oven door repeatedly
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
Made the house smell like fall while this was baking, and the end result tasted just as good as it smelled! I used pumpkin spice flavored almonds, and I didn't have any small pretzels, so I just broke up some larger thin pretzels instead. I also added the cranberries in with the cereal mixture, but only because I was trying to multitask and was afraid I would forget them at the end. Like Tinkerbell mentioned, they are actually pretty good with the orange and spice on them. Very good, thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2012
- 2 cups Quaker Oatmeal Squares Cereal (Cinnamon or Brown Sugar)
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups small pretzels
- 1 cup whole almond
- 2⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cereals, pretzels, and almonds.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and spices. Stir in melted butter and orange concentrate.
- Pour sugar/butter mixture over cereal mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour mixture into a greased 13" x 9" baking pan and spread into an even layer.
- Cook for 50 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in dried Cranberries.
- Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight conatiner.