Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From The Ultimate Party Drinks Book. This version uses whole cranberry sauce, rather than cranberry juice.
- 1 cup ice
- 3 ounces orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup whole cranberry sauce
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 banana, peeled and broken into pieces
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Cover and pulse until mixture starts to swirl.
- Blend on high for 20 seconds, or until the drink is smooth.
5 Stars, this was loaded with flavor due to the concentrated ingredients, definitely an Ultimate Party drink. It is very sweet, which is no surprise given the ingredients, but would make a big impact after the first sleepover or guest visit. This recipe filled my large glass mug twice, which makes it 50 g of sugar per mug... Made for Photo Tag.
Excellent blend of flavors with the orange, cranberry, vanilla, banana and cinnamon. I used OJ instead of concetrate and omitted the honey, as I used Cranberry-Orange Relish that was already pretty sweet. Cinnamon was a VERY nice touch on top of the smoothie. I will definitely make this again. THANKS!
I doubled the recipe, omitted the ice, then used OJ concentrate that was only partially thawed! Everything went together nicely & THIS SMOOTHIE WAS GREAT! Loved the addition of the cinnamon! Will be making this one again! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped tag in the Aus/NZ Special Recipe Swap #19]