1/1 Photo of Cranberry-Orange Shortbread
These cookes are another delicious way to use cranberries during their too short season and are great to add to holiday cookie trays. Recipe source: Gardner (Winter 2003/04)
My Private Note
inch co ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325-degrees F.
- 2Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray (Pam) and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars together using an electric mixer on medium speed.
- 4Stir in flours, orange zest, cranberries, salt and vanilla beating well on medium-low speed until combined.
- 5Spoon dough onto prepared baking sheet, spreading well with fingers and your palm to pat dough into a 1/4 inch thick rectangle.
- 6Bake for 25-35 minutes or until slightly firm and edges are golden brown.
- 7Transfer baking sheet to a work surface and let cool 5 minutes.
- 8Using large cookie cutters, press a cookie cutter into dough, using various cookie cutters until all shortbread has been cut into shapes (instead of cookie cutters your can use a sharp knife to cut shortbread into 2-inch squares).
- 9Let cool completely and then transfer the cookies to an airtight container.
- 10Will keep at room temperature for up to 10 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry-Orange Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.1
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 53.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of