1/2 Photos of Cranberry Orange Sherbet
Sydney Mike's Note:
Sherbets made in the refrigerator used to be common when I was growing up -- Here's an orange & cranberry combination made just that way! Preparation time does not include the time needed for the sherbet to freeze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften gelatin in 1/2 cup of cold water.
- 2In saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, orange juice & 1 1/4 cups water, & bring to boil, cooking until cranberries pop.
- 3Add gelatin mixture to hot cranberries, & stir until completely dissolved.
- 4Remove from heat & cool.
- 5Pour cooled cranberry mixture, a little at a time, into blender & blend until smooth.
- 6Add cream, & continue blending until well mixed.
- 7Pour mixture into refrigerator tray, & freeze until slushy.
- 8Remove from tray & beat mixture at high speed until thick & creamy.
- 9Put back in refrigerator tray & freeze until firm.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Orange Sherbet
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.6
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.8 mg
- Sodium 25.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 43.9 g
- Protein 6.9 g