Recipe by Sydney Mike
Sherbets made in the refrigerator used to be common when I was growing up -- Here's an orange & cranberry combination made just that way! Preparation time does not include the time needed for the sherbet to freeze.
Top Review by TxGriffLover
Delicious and so refreshing! I used frozen cranberries as that was all I could find. I did cheat on step 6 and used my Cuisinart Ice Cream maker/frozen insert to finish this off in about 25 minutes instead of freezing in a tray. Will definitely make again, and thanks for a great recipe! Made for the Comfort Cafe.
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup light cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften gelatin in 1/2 cup of cold water.
- In saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, orange juice & 1 1/4 cups water, & bring to boil, cooking until cranberries pop.
- Add gelatin mixture to hot cranberries, & stir until completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat & cool.
- Pour cooled cranberry mixture, a little at a time, into blender & blend until smooth.
- Add cream, & continue blending until well mixed.
- Pour mixture into refrigerator tray, & freeze until slushy.
- Remove from tray & beat mixture at high speed until thick & creamy.
- Put back in refrigerator tray & freeze until firm.