1/5 Photos of Cranberry Orange Scones
Sue Lau's Note:
A must-have around the holidays, but nice to make all year round.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Mix together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Stir in cranberries and orange peel.
- 4In a small bowl, mix buttermilk and egg; add to dry ingredients all at once, stirring until mixture is just moistened.
- 5On a floured board, knead gently a few times, but not too much.
- 6Form into a patty on an ungreased cookie sheet; cut into 8 wedges with a knife but do not move it.
- 7Bake at 400 degrees F.
- 8for 15-25 minutes or until light golden.
- 9Mix together powdered sugar and orange juice into a glaze; drizzle over scones.
- 10Separate scones and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Orange Scones
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.6
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 39.1 mg
- Sodium 285.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 3.8 g