A must-have around the holidays, but nice to make all year round.
Make and share this Cranberry Orange Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in cranberries and orange peel.
- In a small bowl, mix buttermilk and egg; add to dry ingredients all at once, stirring until mixture is just moistened.
- On a floured board, knead gently a few times, but not too much.
- Form into a patty on an ungreased cookie sheet; cut into 8 wedges with a knife but do not move it.
- Bake at 400 degrees F.
- for 15-25 minutes or until light golden.
- Mix together powdered sugar and orange juice into a glaze; drizzle over scones.
- Separate scones and serve warm.