A must-have around the holidays, but nice to make all year round.
Make and share this Cranberry Orange Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in cranberries and orange peel.
- In a small bowl, mix buttermilk and egg; add to dry ingredients all at once, stirring until mixture is just moistened.
- On a floured board, knead gently a few times, but not too much.
- Form into a patty on an ungreased cookie sheet; cut into 8 wedges with a knife but do not move it.
- Bake at 400 degrees F.
- for 15-25 minutes or until light golden.
- Mix together powdered sugar and orange juice into a glaze; drizzle over scones.
- Separate scones and serve warm.
Okay, these were so good! My daughter made these for our family and they were so good. Next time I think we will try the Blueberry with Lemon zest, that sounds real good too. Thanks for posting, we will be making these again soon.
These had great flavor and texture. Made one change and used 14 tsp baking soda and 2 34 tsp baking powder. Froze them before baking.