Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from a Weight Watchers magazine. It is a 1 point value. You can make this up to a week ahead if you like. 1/4 cup is a serving.
- 1 lb fresh cranberries, rinsed and picked over
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large orange, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients in a large nonaluminum saucepan; cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries pop, 7-10 minutes.
- Let cool completely; remove and discard the zest. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cooks Tip: The zest is the rind of the orange, without the bitter white pith beneath. Use a vegetable peeler to remove the zest in strips and scrape off any pith with a small sharp knife.