Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a slightly less sweet cranberry sauce. I prefer it a little tart, but you can always add more sugar or splenda to taste. I also use this inside a baked brie with walnuts.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 medium orange, zest of, grated
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 clove
- 2 teaspoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- Heat all ingredients until the simmering point is reached on a medium heat.
- With a large spoon press down on the cranberries to squash them all, or use a potatoe masher.
- Heat for around 5 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken up.
- Allow to cool and remove clove before serving.