Recipe by lesliecoy
We love this chunky, crunchy Cranberry Orange Relish served with Turkey but also served as a salad on lettuce leaves.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I cut this recipe in half (seems like I do that a lot these days) & this went together in no time! VERY, VERY NICE TASTING, & as enjoyable with a deli turkey sandwich as it was over frozen yogurt! I also like this kind of thing over plain yogurt or even cottage cheese! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Diabetes Awareness Month Tag Game]
- 4 cups fresh cranberries, washed and sorted
- 2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- lettuce leaf (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, except the almonds in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until skins pop, stirring occasionally. It will remain slightly chunky.
- Remove from heat, cool and store in the refrigerator. I use two canning jars.
- To Serve: Top with Slivered Almonds,and serve either as a side dish with the Turkey or on lettuce leaves as a salad.