Recipe by Jb Tyler, TX
Rich and cake-like. I make this every Christmas and give away to friends and family. It freezes well, so you can make it in advance. The orange spread can be put into a small container and be kept in the refrigerator. I chop my cranberries in the blender - just pulse it a few times and they will be lightly chopped.
- 709.77 ml flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 354.88 ml cranberries, chopped
- 9.85 ml orange zest
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 59.14 ml orange marmalade
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and soda.
- Mix together the juice and melted butter. Combine with the dry mixture. Stir until just moistened.
- Fold in cranberries and zest.
- Pour into greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pan or a Bundt Pan. Bake 350 Degrees F. for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes, remove from pan.
- For the Creamy Orange Spread:.
- Combine the orange marmalade and the cream cheese (store in the refrigerator).
- Serve warm slices of the bread with dollops of the creamy spread.