1/1 Photo of Cranberry Orange Pound Cake With Butter Rum Sauce
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Nova Scotia Cook's Note:
Got this recipe from a Nov. 1990 issue of Classic Pillsbury Cookbooks and have been making it ever since. I have made this dessert a Christmas tradition in our household (though have also served it for other special occasions). Everyone who has sampled it gives it a "thumbs up".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter or 1 1/2 cups margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh cranberries or 1 1/2 cups frozen cranberries (do not thaw)
Butter Rum Sauce
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Generously grease and lightly flour 12 cup fluted tube pan.
- 3In large bowl, beat 2 3/4 cups sugar and 1 1/2 cups butter until light and fluffy.
- 4Add vanilla and orange peel.
- 5Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6In medium bowl, combine 3 cups flour, baking powder and salt.
- 7Add alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- 8Gently stir in cranberries.
- 9Pour batter into greased and floured pan.
- 10Bake at 350 degree for 65 to 75 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 11Cool 15 minutes.
- 12Remove from pan.
- 13Meanwhile, in small saucepan combine 1 cup sugar and 1 Tbsp flour.
- 14Stir in half-and-half and 1/2 cup butter.
- 15Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- 16Remove from heat; stir in rum.
- 17Serve warm sauce over cake.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Orange Pound Cake With Butter Rum Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.4
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 141.3 mg
- Sodium 340.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 47.8 g
- Protein 5.6 g