Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cake mix and instant pudding mix speed the prep of this irresistibly rich crimson-studded pound cake.
- 1 (18 ounce) box golden vanilla cake mix (Betty Crocker SuperMoist) or 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (Betty Crocker SuperMoist)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix (4 serving size)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries (do not thaw frozen cranberries) or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen cranberries, chopped (do not thaw frozen cranberries)
- orange sauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Heat oven to 325°F Grease and flour, or spray with baking spray with flour, 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
- In large bowl, beat dry cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, melted butter, orange peel and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Fold in cranberries. Spread in pan.
- Bake 57 to 63 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- In 1-quart saucepan, cook all sauce ingredients over medium heat about 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Serve warm or cool sauce with cake.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 63 to 69 minutes.