Recipe by - Carla -
This is a rich and sweet cranberry sauce. Great for the holidays. It is flavored with orange, but has no bitter orange peel, unlike traditional cranberry-orange relish. The port adds substantial complexity to the background.
Top Review by shahay85
We're used to traditional cranberry sauce but we've made this one a tradition. Perfect balance of tart and sweet. The flavor pops in your mouth. Can't wait to make it again this year!
- 12 ounces cranberries, washed and drained
- 2 oranges, juice and zest of ((1/3 cup fresh orange juice)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup port wine (good quality)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cranberries and the zest and juice of the oranges in a saucepan.
- Bring to a gentle boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes until soft; stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the sugar and port and cook gently until sauce becomes pulpy.
- Let cool to room temperature, then pour into mold and refrigerate.