Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
We are pork lovers at our house, and I am always looking for new, exciting and tasty recipes...well this is one on that we like very much, it has a wonderful tangy orange flavor, and the roast cooks up very tender and juicy, make sure to keep basting the roast with the sauce, to ensure a flavorful roast.
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 4 -5 lbs pork roast (any cut)
- 1 tablespoon bistro gravy mix
- 1⁄3 cup water
- In a saucepan, cook first 4 ingredients, until thickened (ingredients may be doubled if desired for more sauce).
- In a roaster or oven-proof casserole dish, place in the roast.
- Spread the sauce ingredients over the pork roast.
- Bake in 350 degree oven, until roast is done, basting frequently.
- Remove roast to serving platter.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile,in the same roaster, with the pan juices, add the gravy with the 1/3 cup water; mix to combine.
- Slice the roast.
- Serve the cranberry/orange gravy over the slices.
This was very tasty my dh doesn't really care for pork, but I love it. I have to be creative when I cook pork so hubby will eat it. He loved it.
This was roast was absolutely delicious. I didn't use the gravy mix or the water-- because I didn't have it on hand-- however this roast was so delicious. It gave so much gravy with just the cranberry sauce and orange juice and the juices from the meat. The meat was so moist.