Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
I've had this recipe for many years, but don't remember where I got it.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, trimmed of fat
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon shredded orange peel (plus more for garnish) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry juice cocktail (divided use)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place pork roast in 3 1/2 - to 4-quart slow cooker.
- In small bowl, combine cranberries, broth, orange peel and 1/4 cup of the cranberry juice cocktail; mix well.
- Pour over pork.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 7 to 9 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker; place on serving platter.
- Cover with foil.
- Pour juices from slow cooker into medium saucepan; if necessary, skim off any fat.
- In small bowl, blend remaining 1/4 cup cranberry juice cocktail and.
- cornstarch until smooth.
- Stir into juices in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbly and thickened, stirring constantly.
- Cut pork into slices.
- Serve pork with sauce.
- If desired, garnish with additional shredded orange peel.
This was really good. Might recommend a bit more orange, as this is VERY cranberry-y. I'm going to try to figure out how to do just the sauce w/ vegetable broth for a cranberry-orange sauce for the holidays.