1/2 Photos of Cranberry-Orange Pinwheels
Charlotte J's Note:
May take a little longer to make but your family and friends are worth it. Chill dough at least 4 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For filling, in a food processor bowl combine cranberries, pecans, and brown sugar.
- 2Cover; process until cranberries and nuts are finely chopped; set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
- 4Add baking powder, and salt.
- 5Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl.
- 6Beat in eggs and orange peel until combined.
- 7Beat in flour.
- 8Divide dough in half.
- 9Cover and chill dough about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 10Roll half of the dough between pieces of waxed paper into a 10-inch square.
- 11Spread half of filling over dough square to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- 12Roll up dough.
- 13Moisten edges; pinch to seal.
- 14Wrap in waxed paper or plastic wrap.
- 15Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- 16Chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- 17Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices.
- 18Place slices 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 19Bake in a 375° oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are lightly browned.
- 20Cool on a cookie sheet for 1 minute.
- 21Transfer to wire rack and let cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry-Orange Pinwheels
Serving Size: 1 (1275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.5
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 47.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g