Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
Recipe I want to try next fall.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour (high altitude use 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Make filling: In a small pot combine cornstarch, cranberry sauce, and marmalade over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Refrigerate.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together brown sugar, butter, and egg until light and fluffy. Stir in flour, baking powder, orange zest, salt, and allspice. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 16 x 8 inch rectangle. Spread with filling to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Starting with the long side, roll up. Cut in half, forming two 8" rolls. Wrap in plastic and freeze a minimum of 2 hours.
- Greese cookie sheets. Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cut dough into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place on cookie sheet and bake 9-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.