Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from the Dec 2010/Jan 2011 Simple and Delicious magazine, submitted by Nancy Zimmerman of Cape May Courthouse, NJ. She writes "As special as Christmas morning itself, these fluffy pancakes are drop-dead gorgeous, ready in just minutes and brimming with sweet, tart and tangy flavor. Seconds anyone?" I have yet to try these, but hope to soon!
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups biscuits or 2 cups baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- In a small saucepan, bring the 1 cup cranberries, 2/3 cup orange juice, and 1/2 cup sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes. Cool slightly. With a slotted spoon, remove 1/4 cup cranberries; set aside.
- In a blender, process cranberry mixture until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in maple syrup and reserved cranberries. Keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, 2 T. sugar, and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, egg yolk, milk, 2 T. orange juice, and peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in chopped cranberries.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup.