Recipe by Sydney Mike
Made with fresh or frozen cranberries, these pancakes have a hint of orange that makes for a tasty breakfast! Original recipe is from The Joy of Cranberries: The Tangy Red Treat, with a small tweak from yours truly! Various syrups do well with these, but when they're topped with a cranberry syrup like Cranberry Syrup, well . . .
Top Review by Dienia B.
wow wow these are sooo good . i used cranberries from recipe #219152 and worked great chopped them up fine used about 1/2 cup that way the texture sweetness everything worked try these they are the bomb i hate the way they do stars
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons orange zest, finely minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix cranberries, sugar & zest & set aside.
- In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- In another small bowl, mix egg, buttermilk, OJ & butter, then add this mixture to flour mixture, stirring until just combined [batter should be lumpy].
- Fold cranberry mixture into the other mixed ingredients.
- Heat a lightly greastd griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle for each pancake.
- Cook pancakes until golden brown, then turn to cook other side.
- Serve hot!