1/8 Photos of Cranberry Orange Pancakes
Sydney Mike's Note:
Made with fresh or frozen cranberries, these pancakes have a hint of orange that makes for a tasty breakfast! Original recipe is from The Joy of Cranberries: The Tangy Red Treat, with a small tweak from yours truly! Various syrups do well with these, but when they're topped with a cranberry syrup like Cranberry Syrup, well . . .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons orange zest, finely minced
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1In a small bowl, mix cranberries, sugar & zest & set aside.
- 2In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- 3In another small bowl, mix egg, buttermilk, OJ & butter, then add this mixture to flour mixture, stirring until just combined [batter should be lumpy].
- 4Fold cranberry mixture into the other mixed ingredients.
- 5Heat a lightly greastd griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat.
- 6Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle for each pancake.
- 7Cook pancakes until golden brown, then turn to cook other side.
- 8Serve hot!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Orange Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.8
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 57.4 mg
- Sodium 571.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 7.1 g