Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Made with fresh or frozen cranberries, these pancakes have a hint of orange that makes for a tasty breakfast! Original recipe is from The Joy of Cranberries: The Tangy Red Treat, with a small tweak from yours truly! Various syrups do well with these, but when they're topped with a cranberry syrup like Cranberry Syrup, well . . .
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons orange zest, finely minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- In a small bowl, mix cranberries, sugar & zest & set aside.
- In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- In another small bowl, mix egg, buttermilk, OJ & butter, then add this mixture to flour mixture, stirring until just combined [batter should be lumpy].
- Fold cranberry mixture into the other mixed ingredients.
- Heat a lightly greastd griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle for each pancake.
- Cook pancakes until golden brown, then turn to cook other side.
- Serve hot!
wow wow these are sooo good . i used cranberries from Spiced Cranberry Tea and worked great chopped them up fine used about 1/2 cup that way the texture sweetness everything worked try these they are the bomb i hate the way they do stars
Wonderful pancakes! Beautiful texture and loved the cranberry/orange combo. I used dried cranberries but look forward to trying with fresh. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Came out great. Everyone enjoyed them! Didn't have the orange zest at the time so it wasn't very orange-y. I did let the batter sit for a while to let it react a bit first. Very tasty! Thanks for sharing this!