Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A very moist, healthy snack option. This loaf is made with Zucchini & yogurt and very little oil and sugar. My favorite new loaf! Found it or something similar in "Merry Cooks" cookbook (loaf potion #9)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts, and or 1⁄3 cup pecans
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup grated unpeeled zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350F Spray or butter 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oat bran, brown sugar, baking powder and soda, cinnamon and salt. Make sure you get all of the lumps out of the brown sugar. Stir in cranberries and nuts.
- In a medium bowl whisk together yogurt, oil, eggs, orange juice concentrate, and orange zest. Stir in carrots, and zucchini. Add wet ingredients and mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake on middle oven rack for 45-50 minute, or until loaf is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted uin centre of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool loaf in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and cool completely on rack. Cover with plastic wrap and store at room temperature or in fridge.