Recipe by Mary in LA.
It's a great bread for the holiday. I found this recipe in the Quick and Easy magazine.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup cranberries (Fresh or frozen chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl,stir together the flours, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Set it aside.
- In another mixing bowl,beat egg and add orange juice and melted butter.
- Add OJ mixture to dry ingredients, stirring until its moist.
- Put in the cranberries, and walnuts.
- Pour into greased and floured 9x5x2 inch pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes at 350 deg.
- Remove from pan and place on cooling rack.