Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Easy to make festive bread.
Top Review by papergoddess
I've made this twice, and I love the flavor of it. I had a bag of cranberries left from thanksgiving in my freezer, and was looking for something to do with them when I stumbled on this recipe. The first time I made it I didn't have butter, so I used I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Butter. Bad move. I've always said I'm a lousy baker. It was crumbly and didn't hold together well, but the flavor was so good I wanted to try it again. I knew it was my fault. I made it again using butter (I imagine you could also use oil) and it was excellent. I love a warm slice of this bread with a cup of tea. Thanks for posting a great recipe.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 14.79 ml orange zest
- 177.44 ml orange juice
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml of chopped cranberries
- 118.29 ml of chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom of 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Add orange peel, orange juice and egg, and stir just until moistened.
- Mix in cranberries and nuts; pour into prepared pan and bake 55 to 65 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting.