Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Easy to make festive bread.
Make and share this Cranberry-Orange Nut Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom of 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Add orange peel, orange juice and egg, and stir just until moistened.
- Mix in cranberries and nuts; pour into prepared pan and bake 55 to 65 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting.
I've made this twice, and I love the flavor of it. I had a bag of cranberries left from thanksgiving in my freezer, and was looking for something to do with them when I stumbled on this recipe. The first time I made it I didn't have butter, so I used I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Butter. Bad move. I've always said I'm a lousy baker. It was crumbly and didn't hold together well, but the flavor was so good I wanted to try it again. I knew it was my fault. I made it again using butter (I imagine you could also use oil) and it was excellent. I love a warm slice of this bread with a cup of tea. Thanks for posting a great recipe.
This is a great bread, and it incorporates 3 superfoods! (cran, orange, nuts) I actually use another recipe which I won't post since it is so similar. The differences: 1 cup sugar, 1 t. salt and 2 T. oil (instead of the butter). So a little less fat - still very moist. My recipe says beat egg well before adding and stir ingredients until well mixed. Bake 55 min at 350. I like to use walnuts.
this receipe is incredible. there is also an ornage-cranberry dipping sauce to go with this that is to die for. It also makes good muffins.