Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
One of my mom's recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease the bottom of a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until particles are the size of coarse meal.
- Stir in orange peel, juice, and egg; just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan and cool completely.