1/3 Photos of Cranberry-Orange Nut Bread
1 hr 15 mins
Got this recipe from King Arthur's Baker Companion, and I'm posting this because a friend wanted this recipe. It produces such a nice moist loaf! A must try!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 orange, juice and zest of (or 1/8 tsp orange oil and 3/4 cup orange juice)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or 3/4 cup sour cream or 3/4 cup yogurt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup cranberries, chopped (fresh, frozen or dried)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9X5 inch loaf pan.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a medium sized bowl, combine the orange juice, zest, buttermilk, egg and vegetable oil.
- 3Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in the cranberries and nuts, then pour batter into loaf pan. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean and the bread starts to pull away from the edges of teh pan. Remove it from the oven and let cool for 15 minute, then turn it out of the pan to cool completely on a rack.
- 4The loaf will slice better if wrapped when cooled and left to rest overnight before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry-Orange Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.2
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 27.3 mg
- Sodium 398.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g