This my adaption of a recipe I found on-line. I made these for a ladies gathering at my church and they were well received. When cooking gluten free be sure and read all labels to make sure all ingredients are gluten free.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free flour, blend
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners and lightly mist with a gluten free cooking spray or oil. Set aside.
- 2In the large mixing bowl to a stand mixer, beat together the butter, yogurt and sugar until smooth and thoroughly combined. Beat in eggs.
- 3Add 1/2 cup of the gluten free rolled oats to a food processor bowl and blend until finely ground. The 1/2 cup of ground oats should measure approximately 1/4 cup. Place the remaining oats and orange zest in a small bowl. Measure the juice from the orange. It measure 1/2 cup. Pour the 1/2 cup juice over the oats and allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes to soften.
- 4Whisk together the oat flour, flour blend, baking powder, xanthum gum and salt. Add to butter mixture and beat just until combined. Stir in the softened oats, orange juice and dried cranberries.
- 5?Spoon mixture into prepared liners and bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from pan and allow muffins to cool completely on a wire rack before glazing.
- 6To make the glaze sift the powdered sugar into a bowl. Add zest and just enough of the orange juice to make a smooth glaze. When the muffins are completely cool glaze lightly and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Orange Muffins (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (777 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.7
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 41.3 mg
- Sodium 145.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: