Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A tasty, satisfying muffin that is a diabetic-friendly treat. I am addicted to breads/muffins, scones, etc. (you get the picture!) and find this one totally satisfying and within the limits of diabetic options.
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1 cup coarsley cut cranberries
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 beaten egg
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Combine cranberries and sugar while sifting dry ingredients together -- then add and stir into dry ingredients.
- Combine egg, juice and oil and grated peel and add to dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Pour batter into 12 muffin cups, lightly sprayed or into paper muffin liners (or a loaf pan).
- Bake muffins at 375 degs for 25".
- Bake loaf at 350 degs for 50".
Delicious! One of the best Cranberry muffins I have made. I subbed pecans for the walnuts, and used 2 teaspoons of grated orange peel (because you can never get enough orange flavor :) ). Thanks for posting this winner!
I throroughly enjoyed these - the orange juice really gives it a real vibrant flavour. I didn't use the orange peel as I didn't have any, and I used this new low GI sugar they have out here in Australia call Logicane. But it worked and was a treat. Thanks!