Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Here is another Cranberry-Orange Muffin recipe to add to my others.
Make and share this Cranberry-Orange Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cranberries or 1⁄2 cup frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, 1/3 cup of the sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the cranberries to lightly coat with the flour.
- Combine the orange peel, orange juice, oil, and egg.
- Add to flour mixture all at once.
- Stir quickly until flour mixture is just moistened but has a lumpy appearance.
- Spoon batter into 12 paper-lined 2-1/2 X 1-1/4-inch muffin cups, filling about three-quarters full.
- Sprinkle the tops with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
Wonderful! Recipie made about 18 small/medium muffins. The dry ingrediants and wet ingredients could be prepared earlier (without mixing them) and then mixed when needed. Didn't have orange zest...which didn't affect it but would help. Used frozen cranberries chopped in a food processor. Was expecting to eat on these for a few days....instead they were mostly gone by the end of breakfast this morning. Good light taste. Medium difficulty to make. I did sift the dry ingredients together. Tastes wonderful as a dessert or appetizer even...pairs well with a glass of white zinfadel wine. Awesome recipie!